ie: MSAccess to SQL Server, Oracle to SQL Server
What is Upgradation ?
Upgrading from one Edition/Version to another Edition/Version within the same Product type.
ie: SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008
Here, we going to Migrate Microsoft Access 2003 Database to SQL Server 2008.
1. We have SSMA (SQL Server Migration Assistant) tool which can be downloaded from the url given below
2. Once launched the page, Click the appropriate link as given below
3. Once click the link, Download page will appear and Click Download Button. Once download completed.
4. Double click the downloaded file.
10. Click Next button and follow the screen sequence.
31.If we want to retain the link between MSAccess Database and SQL Server, Just Check the Link Tables check box, If you don't want to link the tables, Just uncheck.
Microsoft Access 2003 database successfully migrated to SQL Server 2008.